10 November 2005

Testing 1...2...3

Another day at the firehouse. I started again at 1200. A very boring day. I studied for my Mod B test for the fire academy for a while....cleaned the training room....Yep. That's about it. We had controlled burning at the state park all day, but they took all the fun out of it and forgot to invite the FIRE DEPT!!! Damn.

I have a policy/protocol test tonight for our EMS system. I haven't studied for it. I figure if I don't know my protocol by now I shouldn't be working on the streets. A lot of the other EMTs and Medics are freaking out about it, but I can't seem to get excited about it. Then it's off to the other fire station to take my Mod B fire exam.

Hopefully after that I will be able to enjoy my night. I may even get ballsy and turn off my pager. Whoa... But, knowing me, I'll completely forget to turn it off and it will wait until I am deeply asleep to drop the tones. Then, in my stupor I will stumble out of bed, get dressed and get out the door before I realize that I am at home- not on duty tonight, and I can go back to bed...several hundred cuss words later. It will probably happen more than once. Oh well. Sleep is overrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click headline for top content from Firehouse.Com
The Web's Community & Resource
for Fire, Rescue, EMS & Safety