01 July 2006

Bloody mess

I got called for a head injury. The guy had blood everywhere. We cleaned him up and it was a 1/2 cm cut. Wow. I guess that's what alcohol and head wounds do. Anyways, he didn't want to go, and he signed AMA.

Another AMA for a guy that was supposedly unconscious, but states that he is just hot. Nice.

Another day. Just another day. It is hot and humid. Looks like it's going to rain. I could go for a good storm. Something to watch anyways.

I wish I was back in Maryland. I had such a good time there. And the people were unbelievable. Oh well. I guess I have to take what I can get. Maybe I'll do some homework.

The monotony of my life is slowly killing me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aucklandir said...

uhg. Head wounds always bleed heaps. The scalp is so vascualr so a small tear untreated can spill gallons. They always stop with a bit of pressure though.

Hey at least with AMA's you dont have to transport - even if you know they should.

22:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds more like your a volunteer firefighter out in the lake county sticks, not many paid depts have brush trucks in the chicago area, and your a private cab driver for one of the 15+ cab companies around here. sounds like murphys but thats only a guess. dont glamorize it, you dont do als work, you transport non emergencies for pts with ivs, paid fire depts take the real emergencies around here, even from nh's. good luck gettin on a paid dept tho, it blows working in the privates just keep testing till you get hired as a real fire/medic.

14:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click headline for top content from Firehouse.Com
The Web's Community & Resource
for Fire, Rescue, EMS & Safety