14 November 2005

Bored to tears

We've only done two calls so far. That's good I guess. We took a guy up to the rehab floor at a hospital on the other side of town, and did a return to a nursing home. Pretty routine. I don't even have any good stories to tell.

I went to class at 1830. We talked about public education and fire prevention. A lot of the information was pretty inspiring. I've always liked to teach and I think this would be a good way to help out my community. I have helped out in the past, like for fire prevention week, but I think I would like to take it a step further.

I plan on applying for some classes on fire prevention and education at the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland as soon as I am out of the fire academy.

Now I am back at the ambulance company. Just chilling. We have a third rider tonight so I am hoping that we get at least one good ALS call before he leaves.

I guess I should know by now that if you wish for a call you won't get it. Our third rider left around 2300. Now I'm going to bed. I'm at the fire department all day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click headline for top content from Firehouse.Com
The Web's Community & Resource
for Fire, Rescue, EMS & Safety