25 December 2005

Christmas Day

I woke up this morning pretty late. It was about 1000. I was woken up by my phone-it was my mom. We opened presents together while we talked on the phone. It's not quite like a usual Christmas, but it's the best we could do. We were kind of rushed because they needed to be somewhere at 1100 for brunch. It was enjoyable all the same. I got a nice book, a video about firefighting, and some miniature fire trucks. A good Christmas for the most part.

After that I went back to bed for a few hours. I was just tired and kind of bummed that it was all over. Around 1500 I went over to a friend's house to hang out. We had a few drinks, watched part of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Backdraft, and Ladder 49. I came back home around 2100. I didn't do much after that. I sat back and admired my Christmas tree, did some reading (I am currently reading "Lights and Sirens" by Joan E. Lloyd and Edwin B. Herman. So far, so good).

Enough of the holidays for me. I'm finished. Hopefully next year they will be better :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click headline for top content from Firehouse.Com
The Web's Community & Resource
for Fire, Rescue, EMS & Safety