11 January 2006

Funeral

Today was going pretty well until I got a phone call from my mother around 1900. A prominent citizen in our community that was close to the family died this week. They think he died a couple of days ago, but aren't sure. Somebody called for a well being check after two days because he didn't show up at work (he owned a business). They found him dead. He was only 52. He left behind a 17 year old daughter and ex-wife (which he was still on really good terms with); they were my neighbors when I lived up there (in Wisconsin).

I am contemplating whether or not I will make the 325 mile journey up there tomorrow for his service. Logically, I probably shouldn't because of gas prices and me not working, and because I have to work at 0800 on Friday. But, on the other hand, I would like to be there for my neighbors and for my mother who will also be attending the funeral. I guess I will decide in the morning. I can always find coverage for the first 1/2 of my shift on Friday if I have to.

Other than that life is good. I am ready to get back to work. Hopefully I still fit in my uniform :). Yeah, that would definitely suck. Ha.

I can't believe that January is almost halfway over with already. I just realized that a week from tomorrow my third job starts-I start teaching for the EMT-B class again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click headline for top content from Firehouse.Com
The Web's Community & Resource
for Fire, Rescue, EMS & Safety