26 December 2005

New York, New York

Absolutely nothing to talk about today. I watched Billy Madison. It was good-as always.

I am going to New York City for New Years!!! I am very excited. I leave Thursday night at 2000. I have only been to New York once, and I was only there for maybe 24 hours. I went there with a friend of mine for the Fourth of July. I stayed in the ghetto of East Harlem, walked to Times Square at 0300, and walked practically the whole of Manhattan the next day, visiting Ground Zero, and admiring the different areas of the city. We watched the fireworks and then headed back out of the city for our long drive back home.

My biggest fear about this whole trip is the flight out there. It really has nothing to do with 9/11. I think I have had this fear for as long as I can remember. Now I not only fear the airplane ride itself, but the possibilities of things that could happen during the flight. For example-somebody having chest pain and coding on me...a woman going into labor (premature labor would be the worst) or someone having an asthma attack. Every possibility has run through my mind. I decided that I will just have to pack my carry on very carefully. I plan on having my CPR mask for sure. I have a pretty compact OB kit that I will most likely carry also. I hope the airplane has an AED and other first aid supplies on-board. I may even ask the flight attendant before we board the plane. I think I am completely overreacting, but if I don't bring these things along, something will happen. So, I figure if I bring my first aid stuff with, it will be a nice, quiet flight. :)

This time, I am going with a friend that used to live in Long Island. We will be staying with one of his friends there. He knows the area pretty well.

You should all watch for us at Times Square when the ball drops. We are planning on wearing our turnout gear so that we don't freeze our butts off. We shall see. If you see two drunken people in turnout gear being obnoxious, that is probably us....yeah. Good times.

I should probably start making a list of things to bring so I don't forget anything....

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

New York City?? On New Years???? Are you INSANE!?!?!?
hahaha have a good time.

14:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click headline for top content from Firehouse.Com
The Web's Community & Resource
for Fire, Rescue, EMS & Safety